Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Nathan!

Today was my oldest brother's 29th birthday! My sister in law is really busy with work, so I helped her out by filling up a picnic basket that they could share together for dinner. (I bought a really cute picnic basket last year and was just waiting for a reason to put it to use!) I made up a couple of sandwiches, some of his favourite salads and filled it up to go!
Nathan's sandwich with onion marmalade, roasted chicken, bacon, avocado and cucumbers.
Wrapped up and ready to go! Hers was veggie and had grilled zucchini, eggplant, portobellos, onion marmalade, mozzarella and pesto mayo.
Dessert was a strawberry cheesecake based on this recipe. I've used it many times; I always use light cream cheese and it always turns out great. I made a glaze for the strawberries using a couple of the berries, water, sugar, vanilla bean, a touch of lemon and then thickened it with cornstarch. Yum!

No comments: